Genoa (GOA) to Ottawa (YOW)
Bologna (BLQ) to Ottawa (YOW)
Rome (ROM) to Ottawa (YOW)
Pisa (PSA) to Ottawa (YOW)
Verona (VRN) to Ottawa (YOW)
Florence (FLR) to Ottawa (YOW)
Naples (NAP) to Ottawa (YOW)
Catania (CTA) to Ottawa (YOW)
Milan (MIL) to Ottawa (YOW)
Venice (VCE) to Ottawa (YOW)
Turin (TRN) to Ottawa (YOW)
Thanks to our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Ottawa, serving Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport (YOW) from all over the world. Our long-haul flights are spacious and on KLM flights we always offer plenty of in-flight entertainment to keep you busy. To make your flight even more comfortable, why not use our online services to select your seat and order your delicious in-flight meal!
Top Ottawa attractions
- Parliament Hill: the site of the stunning gothic-style Canadian Parliament Buildings, where visitors can participate in free guided tours, and even visit the top of the Peace Tower for spectacular views of the city.
- Canadian War Museum: Canada's national museum of military history covering all facets of Canada's military past, from the first recorded instances of death by armed violence in Canadian history, to the country's most recent involvement in conflicts.
- Rideau Canal: the portion of the 202 km Rideau Canal which runs through the city, boasting scenic walking paths in the summer and the ability to skate on the canal during the winter.
- National Gallery of Canada: one of Canada’s premier art galleries, featuring collections of Canadian Art alongside works by many noted American and European artists.
- Diefenbunker: the massive 4-storey underground nuclear fallout bunkers built by the Government of Canada at the height of the Cold War, designed to withstand a near-miss from a nuclear explosion.
What’s the best way to get around Ottawa?
Getting around Ottawa is easy thanks to the wealth of transport options. Two bus services cover destinations on both sides of the river and taxis are plentiful. Ottawa’s bounty of parkland, pathways and trails make it the perfect city for trekking or cycling around!
What’s the weather like in Ottawa?
Wrap up warm or soak in the sun, Ottawa showcases the extremes of Canadian seasons like no other. January drops to a freezing average of -10°C (15°F) and appropriate clothing is absolutely essential! July climbs a lot higher, to an average temperature of 22°C (71°F), but it also sees the most rainfall. Visit Ottawa between March and May when the mild weather and spring blooms transform the city.