Nairobi (NBO) to Houston (IAH)
Nairobi (NBO) to Houston (HOU)
Kisumu (KIS) to Houston (IAH)
Kisumu (KIS) to Houston (HOU)
Mombasa (MBA) to Houston (IAH)
Mombasa (MBA) to Houston (HOU)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Houston, serving George Bush Intercontinental (IAH), and William P. Hobby Airport (HOU). We proudly serve over 150 destinations worldwide, streamlining your travel experience to be a smooth as possible regardless of your final destination. So, sit back, and relax while we take you where you need to go!
Top Houston attractions
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo: the world’s largest livestock show and richest rodeo.
- Buffalo Bayou Park: a park that includes the Buffalo Bayou, there are different tours to suit everyone.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston: one of the largest museums in the United States, exhibiting a large collection of fine art.
- Children’s Museum of Houston: a specially designed museum to keep children entertained.
- Rice Village Shops: an open-air mall with a range of eclectic shops and restaurants.
- Space Centre Houston: the only Smithsonian affiliated museum in Texas and the official museum of NASA.
- Houston Zoo: a 55-acre zoo, home to more than 6.000 animals.
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science: located in Hermann Park, this museum has a planetarium, observatory and butterfly centre.
- Minute Maid Park: a ballpark that opened in 2000.
- The Galleria: the largest shopping centre in Texas, which welcomes over 30 million people every year.
Houston is the most populous city in Texas, and offers an exciting range of things to see and do. For more of an insight into this popular city, take a look at our useful Houston travel guide!
What’s the best way to get around Houston?
Houston is a very easy city to get around. METRORail has a main line going from the downtown to the NRG Park (which covers the Museum District). You can get even further by bus, and the environmentally friendly Greenlink Buses go to all the major tourist attractions. Taxis are very common all around the city, and there's an official flat rate of USD 6 inside the downtown area. At night, around the nightclubs, you can use the jitney service called 'The Wave' along the main streets. You can also get around the city on a shuttle service, driving a rental car and or using low-cost bike share.
What’s the weather in Houston?
Houston’s climate is described as humid subtropical, and enjoys an average of 204 sunny days per year. Sun worshippers should head to the city between July and August, as temperatures generally reach 34°C (94°F) during this time. Things cool off a bit in December and January, with average temperatures around 12°C (54°F). Rainfall is frequent; it actually rains for about 106 days every year -- so bring your umbrella!