Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Mumbai, serving Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM). With our convenient departure and arrival times, you’ll be sure to make the most of your trip to Mumbai, so book your tickets with us today!
Top Mumbai/Bombay attractions
- Taj Mahal: India’s second-most photographed monument and a fairy-tale blend of architectural styles.
- Gateway of India: a 20th-century monument overlooking the Arabian Sea.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus: a historic railway station and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: a beautiful park which covers more than 100 km2.
- Elephanta Island: a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home of the Elephanta Caves.
Mumbai (known formerly as Bombay) is the largest city in India. This densely populated metropolis on India’s west coast is the centre of Bollywood, the incredibly popular Hindi-language film industry. You’ll find the world’s most expensive home in Mumbai. Soak up the magnificent architecture, and wander off the beaten track to discover hidden gems like temples and bazaars. You’ll be so taken with the sheer excitement and buzz of the city that you won’t want to leave! For extra tips, hotspots and much more, take a look at our great travel guide for Mumbai.
What’s the best way to get around Mumbai?
Explore the city on foot for an authentic experience, or take a train or a double-decker bus when you need to rest your legs. The bus service in Mumbai is considered to be the best in India, connecting every corner of the vast city. If you’re feeling particularly brave, you could even try an auto rickshaw ride!
What’s the weather in Mumbai/Bombay?
Don’t pack your favourite jumper, because Mumbai is known for its heat and high levels of humidity. Monsoon season lasts from June to August, while the rest of the year stays very dry and warm - around 24-30°C (75-86°F).