Riga (RIX) to Catania (CTA)
Together with our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we offer flights to Catania, Sicily, serving Catania–Fontanarossa Airport (CTA). We recognise that your time is valuable, which is why we are committed to getting you where you need to go on time. We have been recognised for our punctuality in the past, and we intend to keep it this way, so book your next flight to Catania with us today!
Top Catania attractions
- Mount Etna: an active stratovolcano and UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring a cableway to the summit, two ski resorts, and various other tourist sites.
- Roman Amphitheatre: an ancient Roman amphitheatre, second only to the Colosseum in Rome and the Verona Amphitheatre, dating back to 300 BC.
- Aci Castello: a scenic commune in the Province of Catania, hosting an ancient Norman castle along with various other historic sites.
- Piscaria Fish Market: a famous open-air fish market, notable for its prosciutto, cheese, architecture, music and surrounding countryside.
- Piazza Universita: one of the most scenic squares of Catania's historic centre, dating back to 1696.
Find out more about the culture of Sicily by taking a look at our Catania travel guide. We’ve compiled all the information you need to see the best that Catania has to offer.
What’s the best way to get around Catania?
Catania is a compact destination, so you’ll be able to walk around downtown Catania without the need for public transport. If you want to head further out of the centre then you can catch a bus from any of the stops in town, but be prepared for a wait of up to an hour. Taxis are your best bet for longer distances, and taxi fares tend to be negotiable so don’t be afraid to haggle.
What’s the weather in Catania?
If you’re visiting Catania between June and October you can be certain of warm, pleasant, and sunny days, with temperatures rarely dropping below 20°C (68°F) and frequently reaching above 26°C (79°F). Catania can be pleasant to visit at any time of year, as Sicily experiences mild with an average January temperature of 10°C (50°F). If you’re visiting between November and January, expect to be caught in the rain more than once!
*All amounts are in EUR. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).