Top flight deals to Washington, D.C. (WAS)*
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Washington, D.C. , serving Washington Dulles International Airport (WAS). With KLM, your holiday begins the moment you board our plane. Your flight will be over before you know it, with your personal entertainment set on intercontinental flights. Enjoy over 1.000 hours of free films, games and music and indulge on our selection of snacks or a tasty dinner and drinks!
Top Washington, D.C. attractions
- Lincoln Memorial: an iconic memorial built in 1922 in dedication to the 16th US president, Abraham Lincoln.
- National Gallery of Art: a national art museum housing beautiful works of art, including Da Vinci and Van Gogh, among others.
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum: a world-renown museum dedicated to aerospace history, displaying the largest collection of historic aircraft and spacecraft in the world.
- Library of Congress: the research library that officially serves the United States Congress, visitors can enjoy free tours, and witness some beautiful craftsmanship and architecture.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial: a two-acre national memorial located near the Lincoln Memorial, dedicated to the service members of the U.S. armed forces who fought in the Vietnam War.
Don’t forget to check out our Washington travel guide for more of tips and tricks on the best activities, sites and restaurants to visit on your trip; we’ve done all of the research so you can have the best holiday possible!
What’s the best way to get around Washington, D.C.?
If you want to travel like a local then it’s time to lace up your walking shoes and get to it! Washington residents love to walk everywhere! Even if you are using public transport or hiring a car, you’ll find that a good majority of your time in Washington will be spent on foot. All of the attractions and sites are near one another in downtown Washington, and it’s more efficient to walk between them than try to use public transport or drive! If you are using public transport, the metrorail and the bus will serve you well. Both offer night and day and are easy to use. We’d recommend the D.C Circulator bus route which runs between all tourist attractions.
What’s the weather in Washington, D.C.?
During the summer in Washington, it typically heats up to 27°C (80°F). There is about a 40% chance of rain during the summer months, so while we’d advise you take an umbrella, you may get lucky and not need it! If you’re travelling in winter you can expect average temperatures of about 4°C (38°F), so you’ll need to wrap up warm.
*All amounts are in MYR. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).