Windhoek (WDH) to Kansas City (MKC)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Kansas City, serving Kansas City International Airport (MCI). Unwind on your intercontinental flight to Kansas City with our excellent in-flight entertainment options. You’ll be there in no time!
Top Kansas City attractions
- National World War I Museum and Memorial: a huge museum looking back on the atrocities of the first world war.
- Kauffman Stadium: the baseball stadium that is home to the Kansas City Royals.
- Country Club Plaza: a privately-owned shopping centre.
- Kansas City Zoo: a large, interactive zoo.
- Arrowhead Stadium: a football stadium that is home to the Kansas City Chiefs.
What’s the best way to get around Kansas City?
The best way to get around Kansas City is to hire a vehicle and explore by yourself. Alternatively, you can hire a bicycle and ride to and from your destinations. If you’re heading to a sports event, special bus routes are put in place to shuttle fans to the sports grounds easily. The KC Streetcar is free to ride and makes 16 stops across the 3,5 km (2,2 miles) route along Main Street that connects the River Market to Union Station/Crown Center. There are also several convenient bus routes.
What’s the weather in Kansas City?
If you’re a sunseeker, head to Kansas City in July or August to bask in average temperatures of 28°C (82°F). May, June and September are also fantastic times to soak up a little sun. In the colder months, temperatures can drop quite low. January averages a very chilly -1°C (30°F) and there’s a 25 percent chance of snow!
*All amounts are in NAD. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable.