Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Freetown, serving Lungi International Airport (FNA). We pride ourselves on our top-notch customer service. Have any questions or concerns about your upcoming flight to Freetown? Contact us 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp for a quick response or answer!
Top Freetown attractions
- River Number Two Beach: arguably one of the most beautiful places on earth, the white sand of this beach is unmissable.
- Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary: a 100-acre chimpanzee sanctuary where visitors can see chimpanzees at close range in forested enclosures during 2 daily tours.
- Lumley Beach: a popular beach location with plenty of activities.
- Sierra Leone National Museum: the national museum of Sierra Leone, where tourists can learn about the history and culture of this amazing country.
- King's Gate: an important historical landmark, dating back to 1817, and the site where the British brought rescued slaves to begin their new lives.
What’s the best way to get around Freetown?
Taxis are the best way to travel around Freetown. These can either be shared or private taxis, the difference between which is you let the driver know your preference when you get in. Some taxis run fixed routes so you'll check with the driver before embarking on your trip.
What’s the weather in Freetown?
Freetown is always very hot and humid. Temperatures rarely fall below 24°C (75°F) so you'll need your sun cream and summer clothing at the ready! June through to November is the wet season so be prepared to experience some tropical storms during this period.
*Lowest available fares, incl. taxes and surcharges, excl. EUR 10 booking fee (credit card surcharge may apply). Prices shown may vary depending on fare availability. You will see the exact total price when selecting your payment method.