Amsterdam (AMS) to Khartoum (KRT)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Khartoum, serving Khartoum International Airport (KRT) 40 km south of the capital of Sudan. Take advantage of our favourable flight schedules and convenient departure and arrival times. This means less time planning around your flight and more time planning your holiday. After all, what’s the point of travelling if the journey just wears you out?
Top Khartoum attractions
- Tuti Island: float along the Blue and White Nile Rivers, and see what exotic birds you can spot.
- Nile Street: the best place to grab a bite to eat!
- Sudan Art Diwan: the best place to buy authentic Sudanese art and artefacts, all handcrafted.
- Presidential Palace: this stunning architectural feat is worth looking at.
- Khartoum War Cemetery: a memorial to all the fallen soldiers who died during the First World War.
Khartoum is the capital of Sudan, and this fascinating African city offers visitors plenty to see and do.
What’s the best way to get around Khartoum?
If you can handle the heat, we recommend travelling around on foot. Public transport options in Khartoum are limited, and consist of minibuses and motorised rickshaws. If you want a bit more freedom to go beyond the city, you can rent a car.
What’s the weather in Khartoum?
If you’re visiting Khartoum, you’re in for warm temperatures year-round! In fact, the coldest month is January, when the average temperature is 24°C (75°F). So, no matter when you visit, you won’t need a jumper!