As KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we offer flights to San José, serving Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) in Costa Rica at the most convenient flight times. Compare great fares and our favourable departure and arrival times, and enjoy the best in Dutch hospitality, while we serve you a refreshing drink with your delicious meal. All included in the fare when you’re flying long-haul with us.
KLM Destinations: San José, Costa Rica
Top San José attractions
- Mercado Central: central market full of vendors selling souvenirs, local food and more.
- Poas Volcano: one of Costa Rica’s many volcanos where you can peer into the crater.
- Teatro Nacional: the most admired building in San José, the theatre is adorned with statues and paintings.
- Jade Museum: 5 floors housing the world’s largest collection of American Jade, around 7.000 pieces.
- Plaza de la Cultura: a plaza in the heart of downtown; great for winding down and people watching.
Sometimes, not knowing where to start can put a strain on your holiday. Luckily, our travel guide features the best local hotspots so you’re never out of places to see or things to do.
What’s the best way to get around San José, Costa Rica?
Local buses run non-stop in every direction throughout the city and cost very little. Taxis are also very common. Be sure only to take licensed ones, as there are many unofficial companies. The city centre is often very busy, so sometimes walking is the easiest option.
What’s the weather in San José?
San José has warm weather year-round. March and April are the hottest months with temperatures around 25°C (77°F) on average. The rest of the year, it averages around 20°C (68°F). It can still get cold, however, if you plan on visiting any mountain regions where the air is cool and fresh. The only real time you may not want to visit is during its rainiest month in September.
*All amounts are in NZD. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).