Auckland (AKL) to Johannesburg (JNB)
Auckland (AKL) to Cape Town (CPT)
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to South Africa, serving Cape Town International Airport (CPT) and O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB) in Johannesburg. With our extensive global network and our convenient flight schedule you can always benefit from the best departure and arrival times. Join our Flying Blue Programme for free today, and earn Miles with each flight you take with us.
Things to do in South Africa
- Gold Reef City: this amusement park is built on an old gold mine, and is based around the gold rush.
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront: you’ll find shops, restaurants and more at this 123-hectare development which welcomes 24 million visitors annually.
- Cradle of Humankind: a UNESCO World Heritage Site spanning over 130.000 acres and full of archaeological delights.
- Boulders Beach: home to a free-roaming colony of African penguins.
- Constitution Hill: an infamous prison which is now home to exhibitions about local history.
- Table Mountain: take a day to hike up the mountain and experience to beautiful views of the city.
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden: enjoy well-kept gardens away from the city.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: the point where the Indian and Atlantic Ocean meet just outside Cape Town.
- Kruger National Park: different kinds of exotic animals in vast open lands in Nelspruit.
Want to find out more about South Africa? Check out our travel guide for the best tips and tricks before you embark on your adventure.
Why travel to South Africa with us?
We offer flights at convenient times to over 150 destinations worldwide, getting you where you need to go, when you need to be there. Airfare on intercontinental flights to South Africa includes your in-flight meal and of course you can always enjoy our complimentary snacks and drinks. Feel free to reach out to us 24/7 via Facebook with any questions about your flight!
*All amounts are in NZD. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).