Auckland (AKL) to Vilnius (VNO)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Vilnius, serving Vilnius Airport (VNO). We pride ourselves on our tireless efforts to get you to your destination on time, and as such we are extremely proud of our reputation for punctuality. With our focus on arriving on schedule and our convenient flight times, you can be confident flying with us on your next trip to Vilnius.
Top Vilnius attractions
- Vilnius Cathedral: a beautifully restored Roman Catholic cathedral, originally built in 1783 and home to more than forty works of art dating from the 16th through 19th centuries, including frescoes and paintings of various sizes.
- Gediminas’ Tower: a famous historic tower overlooking the city, nowadays housing a museum exhibiting archaeological findings from the hill and the surrounding areas.
- Sts. Peter & Paul's Church: a stunning baroque Roman Catholic Church built in 1638, boasting masterful compositions of some 2.000 stucco figures by Giovanni Pietro Perti, and ornamentation by Giovanni Maria Galli.
- St. Anne's Church: an incredibly picturesque church in Vilnius’ Old Town, reminiscent of flamboyant and brick gothic architecture, it is said to be Napoleon's favourite church.
- KGB Museum: used as a prison for political enemies by both the Nazis during World War 2, and the KGB during the Cold War; the soviet-brutalist building now serves as a museum telling the story of the various invasions into Lithuania.
If you’re itching to find out more about beautiful Vilnius, take a look at our travel guide. We’ve got all of the information you need on the best attractions to visit so you don’t have to miss a thing on your holiday to Vilnius!
What’s the best way to get around Vilnius?
There is an excellent bus system that can be used to explore Vilnius. Trolleybuses and normal bus routes operate regularly throughout the city. Be warned that buses and trolleybuses use the same numbering system but run different routes, so while you might need a number 2 trolleybus, the number 2 bus won’t be the same! There are also express buses, known as “greitasis” which run to and from the main stops at a quicker pace.
What’s the weather in Vilnius?
Vilnius is cold and wet most of the year, with quite a lot of rainfall reported each month. If you really want to avoid the rain, try travelling in February. While February is one of the driest months, it is also one of the coldest. Over December, January and February, temperatures can plummet to colds of -5°C (23°F). The annual high temperature is just 17°C (62°F) in July.
*All amounts are in NZD. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).