Together with our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we always offer convenient flights to Japan, serving all the major Japanese cities and airports, including Tokyo – Narita International Airport (NRT) and Osaka – Kansai International Airport (KIX). We know how nice it is to be able to fly at times which suit your itinerary, rather than having to adjust your plans (and your sleep cycle!) to travel. That’s why all our flight schedules are designed to be convenient for our customers.
Things to do in Japan
- Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine: a traditional Japanese shrine located at the bottom of the Inari mountain.
- Miyajima: a historic island off the coast well known for its forest and ancient temples.
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum: a hard-hitting museum, explaining the tragic facts of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.
- Todaiji Temple: located in Nara, this temple now houses the largest bronze Buddha in the world.
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden: a traditional Japanese national garden in the city of Shinjuku.
Need more inspiration for your trip to Japan? Then take a look at our travel guide today. We’ve compiled all of the information you could possibly need to plan your trip.
Why travel to Japan with us?
With the choice of a Japanese menu and noodles in between meals, our Japanese-Dutch crew is committed to bring you the Japanese atmosphere the minute you board our plane on KLM-operated flights! Take advantage of our in-flight entertainment whilst on board one of our long-haul flights to Japan. We offer the latest box office hits, music and TV shows. We also have Japanese audio programmes and films (subtitled in English) and other films with Japanese subtitles available whenever you fly to Japan with KLM!
To get access to lots of exclusive perks whenever you fly with us, make sure to sign up to our Flying Blue Programme. Membership is free, and the Miles you earn can buy you ticket upgrades and hotel discounts. What are you waiting for?