Lima (LIM) to Saint Petersburg (LED)
Thanks to our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we always offer flights to Saint Petersburg, serving Pulkovo International Airport (LED) at convenient flight times. Need some help with your booking? You can contact our social servicing team on Facebook, Messenger, Twitter or WhatsApp. We’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Top Saint Petersburg attractions
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood: an ornate and brightly coloured Russian Orthodox Church built in 1907, containing over 7.500 square metres of mosaics, more than any other church in the world.
- State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace: a fascinating museum of art and culture situated within the Winter Palace complex, featuring over 3 million items including the largest collection of paintings in the world.
- Fountain The Girl with Jar: a famous statue of a milkmaid with a broken pitcher, a figure from one of Alexander Pushkin’s poems, carved into a large boulder.
- Saint Petersburg Botanical Garden: the oldest botanical garden in Russia situated on Aptekarsky Island, consisting of numerous outdoor and indoor collections.
- Neva Embankments: a large granite embankment walkway along the river, originally built to prevent flooding, now housing landmark steps, sculptures, and docks along the river, designed by some of Russia's most prominent architects.
Don’t miss a thing on your trip to St. Petersburg with the help of our travel guide. It’s full of insider tips and tricks to make sure that you have the holiday of a lifetime.
What’s the best way to get around Saint Petersburg?
There are buses running throughout the city centre and beyond. You can also take a trolleybus which offer shorter, more direct journeys. The metro is the most reliable way to travel around the city, and lines run very frequently day and night - during rush hour the metro can run up to every 30 seconds! Be warned that if you are staying somewhere that requires you to cross a drawbridge, you will need to check the timetables to see what time of night the bridge is drawn to allow boats in. Otherwise, you may end up stranded while you wait for it to be lowered again.
What’s the weather in Saint Petersburg?
St. Petersburg has typical Russian winters with very dark, cold days. Average winter temperatures can drop as low as -6°C (22°F) and it can snow quite a lot, so you’ll need to dig out your warmest winter clothes! Summers are mild but comfortable with an average high of 18°C (64°F), but it can rain quite a bit so you will need an umbrella!