Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Florence, serving Florence-Peretola Airport (FLR). Sign up to our Flying Blue frequent-flyer programme to start earning Miles for your flight. Miles can be redeemed for upgrades and flights, and by being a member you’ll also be entitled to many member-only privileges and special benefits.
Top Florence attractions
- Piazzale Michelangelo: a stunning square with a panoramic view of Florence.
- Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore: the main church of Florence, built in 1296 in the Gothic style.
- Campanile di Giotto: a free-standing structure towering over 80m in the cathedral complex.
- Palazzo Vecchio: the town hall of Florence offering Roman ruins, a medieval fortress, and Renaissance art.
- Mercato Centrale: the central market of Florence, with vendors offering quality ingredients for Tuscan cuisine.
Discover the best places to visit, best restaurants and hotels in Florence with our helpful travel guide. Find out where to eat, drink, sleep, and visit in style!
What’s the best way to get around Florence?
The best way to explore Florence is on foot – it only takes 15 minutes to walk across the centre of the city, and you can easily see all of Florence's best attractions without the need for public transport. There are bus and tram routes for those that would prefer to use public transport; many bus routes and trams serve the city centre as well as the wider suburbs.
What’s the weather in Florence?
Florence is be pleasant to visit between May and October when you can enjoy a traditional gelato in the sunshine and temperatures of 25-30°C (76-80°F). Between the months of October and February, the city can be cold and rainy, so pack some layers and your raincoat!