Lisbon (LIS) to Tokyo (TYO)
Porto (OPO) to Tokyo (TYO)
Faro (FAO) to Tokyo (TYO)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer convenient flights to Tokyo, serving Narita Airport (NRT) and Haneda Airport (HND). With the choice of a Japanese menu and noodles in between meals, our Japanese-Dutch crew is committed to bring you the Japanese atmosphere the minute you board our plane on KLM-operated flights!
Take advantage of our in-flight entertainment whilst on board one of our intercontinental flights to Tokyo. We offer the latest box office hits, music and TV shows. We also have Japanese audio programmes and films (subtitled in English) and other films with Japanese subtitles available whenever you fly to Tokyo with KLM!
Top Tokyo attractions
- Tokyo Disneyland: Japan’s take on the iconic world of Disney, filled with exciting rides and live shows.
- Tokyo Skytree: enjoy breath-taking views from atop the world’s tallest freestanding broadcasting tower.
- Sensō-ji: Tokyo’s most visited temple and a beautiful example of traditional Buddhist architecture.
- Tsukiji Market: a truly fascinating Japanese market; be there at 05:00 to catch the famous tuna auction.
- Tokyo National Museum: containing a vast collection of Japanese art, this museum is a must-visit.
Looking for an expert’s take on Tokyo? Check out our travel guide. We give you all the essential information on the best landmarks, cultural attractions, and activities!
What’s the best way to get around Tokyo?
Exploring Tokyo’s many sights efficiently and cheaply is best done via the subway system. The majority of the city’s exciting urban hubs can be found along the popular JR Yamanote line, which is often called the “Loop Line”. Purchase a pre-paid card such as a Suica or a Pasmo and enjoy unlimited train and subway travel.
What’s the weather like in Tokyo?
If you want to miss the worst of the rainy season, avoid travelling to Tokyo during June and the beginning of July. September also brings high levels of rainfall. Other than that, Tokyo’s seasons are typically similar to the Western Hemisphere: balmy springs, warm summers and chilly winters.