Thanks to our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we always offer convenient flights to Rennes, serving Rennes-Saint Jacques Airport (RNS), about 6 km southwest of Rennes, France. You can reach us quickly and easily on social media to keep up with us or to present any questions and concerns. Anytime you need to, send us your query via WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook or Messenger, and we’ll get back to you with a response or answer as soon as we can!
Top Rennes attractions
- The church Notre-Dame-en-Saint-Mélaine: this historic building wasn’t built in a day… or a century, with construction running from the 6th to the 19th-century, it presents a unique blend of architectural styles.
- Les Champs Libres: this combination library, history and science museum offers a diverse and hands-on learning experience.
- Place Sainte-Anne: walk through the cobblestone streets to see how homes of the Middle Ages.
- La Place des Lices: a historic open-air market with Saturday mornings being the perfect time to sip cider and sample the wares.
- Parc du Thabor: comprises an English, French, rose and botanic garden and more across 0,1 km2.
What’s the best way to get around Rennes?
If you are using Rennes as your base of operations, but plan to travel to other nearby cities, the train is the best option for your travels. Bus, metro, taxis and rental cars are all readily available for your journeys within town, but the best way to get around is by bicycle. Le Velo Star, with over 80 stations throughout the city, allows you to rent a bicycle, use it for as long as you need it, and turn it in at any of the convenient locations throughout town.
What’s the weather in Rennes?
Summer temperatures peak in July and August with an average high of 24°C (75°F). December through February is much cooler, with highs peaking at 8°C (46°F). The temperature varies significantly depending on the time of year, so be sure to pack appropriately for the season that you visit.