Stockholm (STO) to Barranquilla (BAQ)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Barranquilla, serving Ernesto Cortissoz International Airport (BAQ). We make intercontinental travel comfortable and enjoyable with our range of in-flight entertainment and movies, delicious meals, and friendly flight attendants. Fly with us on your next trip to Barranquilla!
Top Barranquilla attractions
- Parque de la Castellana: a nice park in the north side of Barranquilla, surrounded by high rise apartment buildings, a walking/biking trail, basketball courts, and volleyball courts.
- Museo del Caribe: a spacious museum featuring exhibits that explore Colombia's Caribbean geography, culture & history.
- Iglesia de San Nicolás de Tolentino: a picturesque Catholic Church under the patronage of St. Nicholas of Tolentino.
- Plaza de la Paz: an open public space in Barranquilla, famous for hosting many protests over the years, and shadowed by the Cathedral of Barranquilla.
- Bocas de Cenizas: where the waters of the Magdalena River meet the Caribbean Sea, the main mouth of Colombia's most important waterway.
What’s the best way to get around Barranquilla?
Taking a taxi is surprisingly an affordable way to explore Barranquilla. Otherwise, buses are cheap; however, make sure to carefully plan your route so you don’t end up lost somewhere. Keep in mind the bus station is quite far out of the city too, so you may need another transfer or a taxi to make the rest of the journey if you are venturing further out.
What’s the weather in Barranquilla?
The average annual lowest temperature in Barranquilla is 27°C (80°F) during January, and the highest yearly average temperature is 29°C (84°F) during May, so expect sunshine most of the year. Between December and March there is very little rain, which makes this time of year particularly popular for travellers. On the other hand, September and October see a lot of rain, with over 100 mm each month and over 20 days of rain.