Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Birmingham, Alabama, serving Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM).
We make intercontinental travel comfortable and enjoyable with our range of inflight entertainment and movies, delicious meals, and friendly flight attendants. Fly with us on your next trip to Birmingham!
Top Birmingham, Alabama attractions
- Vulcan Park and Museum: a statue symbolising city's industries sitting atop Red Mountain, surrounded by a park & a museum.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute: a large interpretive museum and research centre in Birmingham that depicts the struggles of the Civil Rights Movement in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Regions Field: the name of a minor league baseball park in the Southside community of Birmingham.
- Birmingham's Railroad Park: a 19-acre park in Birmingham that opened in the fall of 2010, designed by landscape architect Tom Leader.
- Statue of Liberty Replica: a replica of the famous Statue of Liberty.
What’s the best way to get around Birmingham, Alabama?
Expect to explore by taxi or on foot. Once you’re in downtown Birmingham however, you can easily reach all of the main neighbourhoods. Bus links throughout the city are available, but waiting times can stretch anywhere between 10 and 40 minutes.
What’s the weather in Birmingham, Alabama?
Between the cold months of December to February, the average temperature is less than 15°C (59°F), with January being the coldest. Between May and September, the temperature averages about 25°C (77°F), with July having an average high of 32°C (89°F). The chances of precipitation are generally high as well; rain is likely nearly 50 percent of the time in July.