Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines operate flights to Fortaleza, serving Pinto Martins–Fortaleza International Airport (FOR). Have questions about your flight? Not a problem – our social service team is here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and in multiple languages! Contact us easily via Facebook, Messenger, Twitter or WhatsApp. We’re happy to help!
KLM Destination: Fortaleza, Brazil
Top Fortaleza attractions
- Arena Castelão: famous for its participation in the 2014 World Cup, this well-cared-for stadium has a small World Cup Memorial.
- Praça Luíza Távora: an open square popular with families enjoying bike riding, playgrounds, lots of snack bars and local arts and crafts.
- Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Conceição da Prainha: the oldest church in the city, this small Colonial-style church is decorated with beautiful blue tiles.
- Centro de Turismo do Ceará: located in a former jail and near to the fort which gave its name to Fortaleza, there are plenty of small artisan shops offering souvenirs and local foods.
- Iracema Beach: located downtown and famous for its great view of the often-stunning sunsets, the beach sports a long pier, small stalls selling cold drinks and snacks, and clean sand.
To discover more of the best of Fortaleza, take a look at our travel guide. It has all of the information you’ll need for your visit!
What’s the best way to get around Fortaleza?
The Metrofor is a popular and reliable way to get around the city. Buses offer a very economical way of touring the city and one ticket allows you to change lines at no extra cost. Most bus lines run seven days a week between 05:00 to 23:00. There are also approximately 4.000 taxis to choose from!
What’s the weather in Fortaleza?
Fortaleza temperatures range from 23-31°C (73-87°F) throughout the year. If you want to stay dry, the best months to visit are between July and November when there is virtually no rain!