As KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we offer the most convenient flights to Split, serving Split Airport (SPU) in Croatia together with our global network. With our favourable departure times and extensive network of partner airlines our flights fit your schedule, not the other way around. So compare our flights, fly to Split with us and make the most of your weekend break of holiday.
Top Split attractions
- Diocletian’s Palace: a vast Roman palace, once home to Emperor Diocletian, now filled with bustling cafes and bars.
- Marjan: a forested hill overlooking Split, providing astonishing panoramic views of the coastal city.
- Cathedral of St. Domnius: the oldest European cathedral in Split and a symbol of the city.
- Salona: an archaeological site, which is the ruins of the ancient city of Salona.
- Waterfront Promenade: restaurants and cafes line the scenic promenade.
Our travel guide covers the top hotspots and activities in Split so you have a one-stop reference to everything you need to know about Croatia’s second largest city before you fly out there with one of our cheap flights to Split.
What’s the best way to get around Split?
Public transport in Split isn’t as comprehensive as many of our other destinations. Downtown Split is mostly made for walking, so there are many pedestrian streets. There is a limited bus system that can get you around the city. Taxis are available, but you need to call them to pick you up.
What’s the weather in Split?
From cool and fresh in the winter to very warm in the summer, the Dalmatian Coast is a great place to visit any time of the year. July is the hottest month when the average temperature is around 30°C (86°F), and it’s also the busiest month for visitors.