Saint Martin (SXM) to Xiamen (XMN)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Xiamen, serving Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport (XMN). Flying to Xiamen on a long-haul KLM flight? Then your China holiday will begin the minute you step on board. With several Chinese films and newspapers available and a delicious Chinese menu on offer next to our Western meals, your flight to Xiamen will be over before you know it.
Top Xiamen attractions
- Gulangyu Island: a small, pedestrian-only island, and pending UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for its beaches, winding lanes, and varied architecture.
- Nanputuo Temple: a publicly-accessible, world-renown Buddhist temple built over 1000 years ago, situated just south of the Buddhist holy site Mount Putuo in Zhejiang Province.
- Xiamen University: a picturesque university campus situated at the foothills of mountains, facing the ocean and surrounded by Xiamen's bay, featuring beautiful scenery and parks.
- Zhongshan Road Walking Street: a vibrant pedestrian street lined with over 200 chain store outlets, trinket shops, food stalls and other activities.
- Xiamen Botanical Garden: a 5-square km tranquil botanical garden which contains more than 6.300 kinds of tropical and subtropical ornamental plants and comprises 10-plus unique smaller dedicated gardens.
With so much to see and do in Xiamen, it can be easy to feel like you’re missing out on all of the best attractions. That’s where we can help. We’ve compiled a detailed travel guide full of all of the best hot spots to visit, as well as some practical information to make planning your trip that much easier. Take a look today!
What’s the best way to get around Xiamen?
It’s a good idea to rent a bicycle or motorbike to explore the island as it gives you the freedom to move at your own pace. There are a few buses you can use to get around, but the signs and stops are written in Chinese so you will need someone to translate for you. Look for BRT buses, which are express buses that are modern and comfortable. Your other option is to use taxis to get from A to B. Taxis are fair and affordable.
What’s the weather in Xiamen?
Xiamen has very mild winters, averaging 13°C (55°F) in the coldest month of February. Summers are very hot, with averages of 29°C (83°F) in July. July is a good month to visit because there is also a very low chance of rain. The rainfall is Xiamen is sporadic throughout the year so it is always a good idea to take an umbrella rather than get caught out in an unexpected downpour!
*All amounts are in ANG. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable.