Thanks to our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we always offer convenient flights to Thessaloniki, serving Thessaloniki Airport (SKG) in Greece (formerly known as Mikra Airport). Want to ask us something about your flight or anything at all? We’re available 24/7 in several languages on Facebook, Messenger, Twitter or WhatsApp.
Top Thessaloniki attractions
- Church of Agios Dimitrios: a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the main church sits above a museum, which used to be a crypt.
- Archaeological Museum: one of the largest Grecian museums; showcases unique and ancient Greek artefacts.
- Ladadika District: full of nightlife and eateries and also the most popular spot for shopping.
- Aristotelous Square: situated in front of the waterfront promenade and surrounded by mansions.
- White Tower: built in the early 1500s and formerly part of the city’s ancient ramparts.
What’s the best way to get around Thessaloniki?
Getting around the city is easy and public transport is well-organised. Buses run frequently throughout the city, and a daily ticket is very affordable. Thessaloniki’s blue and white taxis are always available. There’s a lot of traffic in the city, so walking might be a good option on busier days.
What’s the weather in Thessaloniki?
You’ll want to bring your swimming suits if visiting in July as the average sea temperature is 26°C (79°F). July and August are the hottest months with similar temperatures to the sea and boast about 12 hours of daily sunshine. As for rain, it’s most frequent in November. Although temperatures don’t dip below 0°C (32°F) in the winter, it can still be very cold.
*All amounts are in THB. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable.