Istanbul (IST) to Richmond (RIC)
Thanks to our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we always offer convenient flights to Richmond, serving Richmond International Airport (RIC). Fly in comfort with spacious seats and over 1.000 hours of in-flight entertainment on all intercontinental KLM-operated flights. So when you fly with us, time flies by.
Top Richmond attractions
- James River-Kanawha Canal: historic markers, statues and sights dot the paved promenades.
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts: From early 20th-century European art to modernist works and South Asian and African art.
- Maymont: visit the grounds of this mansion and take a walk through the Gilded Age.
- Richmond International Raceway: hosts events from NASCAR to trade shows to outdoor festivals.
- Carytown: adjacent to the museum district, this area is full of hip shops and restaurants.
What’s the best way to get around Richmond?
Depending on your destination, you may want to go on foot. Richmond is a beautiful place for a pleasant walk. Otherwise, taxi, bus and train services are all convenient, but with so much to see in the area, it’s hard to beat the freedom of hiring a vehicle. Motorway I-64, which runs through the city, provides a route to Virginia Beach, Williamsburg and many other fun places.
What’s the weather in Richmond?
With an average temperature of 32°C (90°F) in July and 8°C (47°F) in January, the climate can vary from warm to temperate with a few humid days. Prepare for warm and sunny Southern days most of the year.