Istanbul (IST) to Tunis (TUN)
Thanks to our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we offer flights to Tunis, serving Tunis–Carthage International Airport (TUN) at the most convenient flight times. We recognise that your time is valuable, which is why we are committed to getting you where you need to go on time. We have been recognised for our punctuality in the past, and we intend to keep it this way. So book your next flight to Tunis with us today!
Top Tunis attractions
- Bardo Museum: one of the oldest museums in North Africa, tracing the history of Tunisia over several millennia and through many civilizations through a wide variety of archaeological pieces.
- Al-Zaytuna Mosque: a massive 5.000 square metre mosque renowned for its classical Islamic architecture, and for being one of the first and greatest universities in the history of Islam.
- Cathedral of St. Vincent de Paul: a stunning Roman Catholic church constructed in the late 19th century, dedicated to Saint Vincent de Paul, patron saint of charity.
- Medina of Tunis: a neighbourhood in Tunis now declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, containing some 700 monuments, including palaces, mosques, mausoleums, madrasas and fountains dating from the Almohad and the Hafsid periods.
- Bab el Bhar: also known as ‘Porte de France,’ a massive city gate in Tunis marking the separation between the Medina of Tunis and the European city.
The wealth of fascinating history, culture and architecture of Tunis make it a sublime city to visit!
What’s the best way to get around Tunis?
Getting around Tunis is remarkably simple, thanks to the multitude of well-equipped transport services. For public transport you can catch either the light rail, the bus or train, with all three options covering the city’s may hotspots. If you find yourself in the Medina of Tunis (a UNESCO world heritage site), the best way to get around this beautiful square is on foot.
What’s the weather like in Tunis?
A visit to Tunis in August not only means you get an average temperature of 27°C (81°F), it also means you can experience ocean temperatures of 27°C (81°F). Sunscreen is essential, as is appropriate swimwear!