Taipei (TPE) to Guayaquil (GYE)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Guayaquil, serving José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport (GYE). Along with Guayaquil, we proudly serve over 150 destinations worldwide, and over 500 destinations with our partner network. So, sit back and let us take you where you need to go!
Top Guayaquil attractions
- El Faro de Guayaquil: an iconic lighthouse towering over the bay in Cerro at a height of 18,75 meters, and rising from a peak of 85,90 meters above sea level, allowing a visual tour of 360 degrees.
- Hacienda La Danesa: a sustainable tourist destination that seeks to rescue and celebrate life in the Ecuadorian countryside through authentic experiences.
- Parque Historico: a historical park, featuring a range of important buildings, including the Central Bank of Ecuador.
- Las Peñas: a neighbourhood known for its colonial-era architecture.
- Malecón 2000: a beautiful boardwalk overlooking the Guayas River.
For more ideas on the very best things to do in Guayaquil, take a look at our online travel guide, packed full of all the information you need to get the most out of your visit.
What’s the best way to get around Guayaquil?
Guayaquil has an excellent metro service known as Metrovia. It is cheap to ride, efficient, and covers the city centre, airport, and main attractions. The metros either run north-south or east-west, so you may need to take more than one metro, depending on where you are heading to. There are also buses you can use to explore, but these can be difficult to understand – either ask the driver or a local to help you out. Taxis are also a good option, but try to stick to using licenced yellow taxis with working meters. There are many unlicensed taxis which, while perfectly safe and reliable, may try to overcharge tourists.
What’s the weather in Guayaquil?
Guayaquil is hottest in January, when temperatures average about 28°C (82°F). Guayaquil is warm all year, with the coldest month of the year –July – still averaging a comfortable 23°C (73°F). If you're looking to avoid the rain on your visit, avoid travelling in the rainy season of January, February, or March when it can for up to 20 rainy days a month.
*All amounts are in TWD. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).