Taipei (TPE) to Kilimanjaro (JRO)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Kilimanjaro, serving Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO). We pride ourselves on our top-notch customer service. Have any questions or concerns about your upcoming flight to Kilimanjaro? Contact us 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp for a quick response!
Top Kilimanjaro attractions
- Mount Kilimanjaro: the largest mountain in Africa, towering over the ground at 5.895 m; famous for its challenging terrain and rewarding hikes.
- Zanzibar: an archipelago off the east coast of Tanzania, offering visitors sandy beaches, historic sites and breath-taking scenery.
- Kikuletwa Hot Springs: a pool of hot springs over 6 m deep, which looks as if the water is boiling as it bursts from underground.
- Stone Town: a scenic old town and cultural delight, formed over centuries from interaction from many different cultures.
- Kahawa Shambani-Africa Coffee Tour: a community based project that helps to supplement the income of local coffee farmers.
The Arusha, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Serengeti and Tarangire National Parks will each offer spectacular views and experiences. If you have enough time and feel like getting away from the noise of the city, take a tour to the Selous Game Reserve in the Morogoro Region. Keen for more tips for your trip to Kilimanjaro? Visit our travel guide!
What’s the best way to get around Kilimanjaro?
The best way to get around the region is with a local tour company; each company offers a different route to and provide tourists with basic precautions and information. Be sure to research before choosing your tour guide, however, and go with the most responsible ones! The locals use daladalas (minibuses), although they might not be the most comfortable option, if you have baggage.
What’s the weather in Kilimanjaro?
This depends on where you are visiting, as the higher locations feature a temperate climate with low temperatures, while the lower ones have a tropical climate. The wet seasons also vary because of the altitude and the influence of the mountains. Make sure to plan ahead and choose dry periods to travel to Kilimanjaro to make the most of hiking trails, tours and breath-taking views.
*All amounts are in TWD. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).