Kilimanjaro (JRO) to Havana (HAV)
Dar es Salaam (DAR) to Havana (HAV)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Havana, serving Havana Jose Marti International Airport (HAV). Be prepared for your next trip to Havana: don’t forget to pack a thing with KLM’s pack assistant! You will be fully prepared as KLM brings you smart and personalised packing lists for all KLM destinations. Because we believe that stress-free travel starts at home!
KLM Destinations: Havana, Cuba
Top Havana attractions
- Old Havana: the beating heart of Havana, founded in 1519, and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- El Malecon: a broad promenade stretching along the coastline and the perfect spot for an evening stroll.
- El Morro: the fortress guarding the entrance to Havana bay, once the location of a school for lighthouse keepers.
- Fusterlandia: an unusual folk-art kingdom, the reclaimed childhood neighbourhood of Cuban artist, José Fuster.
- Playas de Esta: a beautiful beach strip, visit for the best sun, sea, and sand that Cuba has to offer.
For all of the best hotspots, accommodation ideas and tips and tricks, take a look at our in-depth travel guide. It’s all you need to live like a local and get the most out of your trip to Havana!
What’s the best way to get around Havana?
Havana is dominated by pedestrians as on foot is the best way to navigate the old town streets and alleys. If you do hire a vehicle, you'll find the roads to be quiet as most locals walk. There are plenty of buses that run frequently, but as most residents don't have cars, you'll find they can get very crowded during peak hours.
What’s the weather in Havana?
Havana's temperature stays fairly consistent year-round. Temperatures average between 21°C (70°F) in January and 27°C (81°F) in July. May through to October see heavy rainfall so it may be best to travel during other seasons if you prefer to stay dry.