Dar es Salaam (DAR) to Tirana (TIA)
Kilimanjaro (JRO) to Tirana (TIA)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Tirana, Albania, serving Tirana International Airport Nënë Tereza, more commonly known as Rinas International Airport (TIA). Our favourable flight schedules make it easy on you to plan your trip. No need to jump through hoops to find suitable arrival and departure times for your holiday.
Top Tirana attractions
- Bunk’Art: a cold war bunker turned into a contemporary history and art museum.
- Skanderbeg Square: witness the restoration of a regime symbol into a pleasant and panoramic square.
- Et’hem Bey Mosque: amazingly, it survived the chaos of the communist era and is one of the oldest cultural buildings in the city.
- National History Museum: the largest in the country, it features artefacts from ancient times to the post-communist era.
- Mount Dajti National Park: at over 1.600 metres high, it offers a peaceful place to relax as you admire the landscapes of Tirana.
Tirana offers a picturesque landscape, featuring both old and modern buildings painted in vivid colours.
What’s the best way to get around Tirana?
Tirana is charming and small enough to explore by foot, especially if you're staying in the city centre. Taxis and van services are also readily available. Although buses are a cheap way to get around, they can also be quite slow. Hiring a vehicle is another option, but beware the current infrastructure might not be what you’re used to.
What’s the weather in Tirana?
Tirana has the perfect Mediterranean weather, offering lots of sunshine during summer. If you’re visiting between June and September, make sure to pack some sun protection. October is usually the wettest month, and the cold season goes from November to March. Throughout the year, the average temperatures are somewhat extreme, varying from 0°C (32°F) in winter to 32°C (90°F) in summer.