Thanks to our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Riga, serving Riga International Airport (RIX), in Latvia. Wth our convenient flight times you can fit in as much fun as possible during your holiday or trip.
Top Riga attractions
- Doma Cathedral: still in progress since 1211, the exterior comprises various architectural styles, while the interior features many works of art.
- Open Air Ethnographic Museum: a lakeside outdoor exhibit of preserved, original Latvian architecture.
- Central Market: a market that offers a wide variety of items ranging from cheese to fresh fruit to smoked meat and seasonal produce.
- Riga Zoo: sitting on Lake Ķīšezers, it boats a large diversity of reptiles, mammals and birds.
- Freedom Monument: a significant and touching sculpture celebrating the country’s tumultuous fight for independence.
What’s the best way to get around Riga?
With trams, buses, and trolleys, public transport is readily available. It is fairly economical, and once you figure it out, it gets you where you need to go. The oldest and best options for public transport are the trams. Enjoy this unusual experience as you make your rounds in Riga.
What’s the weather in Riga?
With summer temperatures averaging 18°C (64°F), Riga is a cool place to visit in every sense of the word. In the winter, temperatures dip down to -25°C (-13°F) with snow on the ground for several months at a time. Be sure to bring some warm clothes on this trip, no matter what time of year you plan to visit.