Thanks to our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines always offer convenient flights to Shenyang, serving Shenyang Taoxian International Airport (SHE), about 20 km south of the city centre of Shenyang, in the Hunnan District in China. If you are flying KLM, you can venture away from Western meals to experience China through their sense of taste on your flight from Amsterdam to Shenyang. We’ve partnered with famous regional Chinese chefs to create a delectable Chinese menu for your delight.
Top Shenyang attractions
- Mukden Palace: built in 1625, the former imperial palace of early Qing emperors is now a museum situated in the city centre.
- Beiling Park: the city’s largest park is home to flower gardens, reflective lakes and historic buildings.
- Zhongshan Square: a giant statue of Mao Zedong sits in the heart of the city and a great place to watch local life.
- Taiyuan Pedestrian Street: a vibrant street and one of the best places to eat, shop and sightsee.
- Qipan Mountain: a scenic area rich in plant and animal life and perfect for a day hike.
What’s the best way to get around Shenyang?
Shenyang has a comprehensive bus system. You might find getting around a lot easier if you brush up on your Chinese as a lot of the signs aren’t in English. The city also has an efficient metro system. Taxis are common and fares are cheap to get around the city.
What’s the weather in Shenyang?
Hot summers and cold winters make Shenyang a great time to visit any time of year, depending on your preference. July is the hottest month, averaging 25°C (77°F), while January is the coldest, averaging -11°C (12°F). You may find the best time to visit is from April to June when it’s not too hot or too cold and the flowers start to bloom.
*All amounts are in USD. Price includes taxes, carrier surcharges and applicable fees. Additional baggage fees may apply.