Johannesburg (JNB) to Hangzhou (HGH)
Cape Town (CPT) to Hangzhou (HGH)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Hangzhou, serving HangzhouXiaoshan InternationalAirport (HGH). With a KLM flight, your holiday begins as soon as you set foot on our plane. Unwind with a selection of Chinese newspapers, check the weather for your arrival or try one of our delicious Chinese meals. This way you grow accustomed to Hangzhou before you’ve even arrived!
KLM Destinations: Hangzhou, China
Top Hangzhou attractions
- Guo's Gardens: a beautiful set of gardens with pavilions, paths and various flora & fauna.
- Su Causeway: a lakeside path and the perfect spot for walking or biking, with various small bridges from which you can marvel at the natural beauty.
- Lingyin Temple: a historic Buddhist temple built in 382 AD, located in the northwest of the city.
- Hefang Street: a famous shopping street home to Chinese crafts and local delicacies.
- Hangzhou Orient Culture Park: a stunning park devoted to Chinese culture, including architecture, religious statues, and more.
For all the best hotspots, attractions and hotel information, take a look at our handy travel guide. We do our utmost to make your holidays as smooth as possible, that’s why our guides provide you with all the practical information and hot tips you need to get the most out of your trip.
What’s the best way to get around Hangzhou?
Hangzhou is very bicycle-friendly so you may want to hire a bike for the duration of your visit. There are plenty of buses, but be aware: all stops are announced in Chinese. So, if you don’t have a good command of Chinese, prepare your trip in advance and make sure you’re on the right bus. There are also several new and modern metro lines in the city. Both buses and metros run very frequently both night and day, so they are a good option for affordable travel in the area.
What’s the weather in Hangzhou?
From May to October there is the promise of hot weather in Hangzhou, but this is also the wettest time of year. So, just take rain as a given if you have picked these months for travelling. Rainfall is often short-lived and followed by plenty of sunshine though. The colder months are not as sunny, but a lot drier!
*All amounts are in ZAR. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable.