Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Ko Samui, serving Samui Airport (USM). Sometimes all you need on a long-haul flight is a good film to help pass the time. We have you covered with our in-flight entertainment, which offers over 1.000 hours of interactive media on intercontinental KLM flights.
Top Ko Samui attractions
- The Thai Experience: a unique dining experience where participants feast on a 15-dish, 3-course meal at a communal table, have the chance to make their own cocktails, and enjoy all the best aspects of a Thai dinner party.
- Wat Plai Laem: a Buddhist temple featuring a striking white 18-arm image of Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy and Compassion.
- Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park: a breath-taking marine national park in the Gulf of Thailand, covering 42 islands in a total area of 102 square km.
- Maenam Beach: a 7 km stretch of sandy white beach lined with coconut trees, famous with tourists for swimming, aquatic activities, or simply lounging.
- Wat Phra Yai: a Buddhist temple on Ko Phan, home to a giant, 12-metre-high gold-painted Buddha statue depicting a state of calm and purity and resolve.
Ko Samui’s lush tropical landscape is filled with veritable feast of wonders to explore!
What’s the best way to get around Ko Samui?
Getting around Ko Samui is easy thanks to a tourist-centric range of transport options. The island itself is only 25 km long so either way travel is never particularly taxing. A popular choice is the “songthaews” (pick-up taxi), which translates to “two benches”. It is usually a pick-up truck customised to accommodate you.
What’s the weather like in Ko Samui?
Seasons in Thailand are very defined and as such it is important to decide upon the right time to go for you. Want to experience the best of Ko Samui’s lush greenery? Visit between November – February when the remnants of the rainy season turn the country into a vivid paradise. Visiting in May sees the peak of the dry season with temperatures regularly exceeding 30°C (85°F).
*All amounts are in ZAR. Taxes and surcharges are included. No booking fee is applicable. Prices shown may vary depending on fare availability. You will see the final amount when selecting your payment method.