Costs & refunds
Cost & discounts
- You can pick any available regular seat for free during check-in.
- However, if you need some extra reassurance, you can also select a regular seat prior to check-in on long haul flights operated by KLM or Air France and on European routes operated by KLM.
- For most passengers, this service is available at a fee, but some travellers are exempted. Find out more about standard seat selection.
- Economy Comfort seats, seats with extra legroom and preferred seats on these KLM flights can be reserved at a fee. Read more about choosing more comfort.
Fully flexible tickets
With a ticket that allows you to change and/or cancel your trip (fare types Y, B or M) you can also select regular seats free of charge at any time. If you are not sure what ticket type you have booked, simply log in to My Trip and go to ‘Select seat’ to see if a fee applies.
- Group travellers can choose regular seats free of charge for everyone in their group from 8 days before departure until check-in closes.
If you reserved a seat and later changed your flight you can select the same seat type free of charge on your new flight.
If we change your flight, we will do everything we can to make sure you will have the seat you originally picked. Sometimes, however, there is an aircraft change for example. We will then go with plan B. This means that we will do our utmost to offer you our best alternative; a similar extra comfortable seat type or regular (window/aisle/middle) seat as you originally reserved. And we will try to keep group travellers seated together. Read the terms and conditions for reserving regular seats
If you could not sit where you wanted, we are very sorry! In the rare case that we cannot give you the same seat type with extra comfort, you may request a refund of the costs of your original seat. This is also possible if you reserved a regular seat at a fee, but were assigned another seat by us.