Passport and visa

Find out which travel documents you need, plus other important information about visiting your country of destination.

Which travel documents do I need?

Every country has its own rules for visitors of various nationalities.Below you will find an indication of general regulations that may apply. For detailed and up to date information that is relevant to your trip, we advise you to always check travel documents and health advice and fill in the required fields.

See which travel documents are necessary

Check your trip

How to apply for your visa

Are you departing from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the United States? If an (electronic) visa is required, you can apply conveniently online via My Trip and let our partner CIBT take care of your application from A to Z for a fee. Or you can arrange it yourself via the applicable authorities.

Log in to My Trip

Some important travel requirements

  • Valid ID mandatory for France:

Due to the security situation in Paris and the state of emergency declared in France, the authorities require you to be in possession of a valid identification document when travelling to, from or via any airport in France. A driver’s license for instance is not considered as a valid identification document.

  • Changed entry rules for Canada:

Travellers to or via Canada are expected to show an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before boarding their flight. We recommend that you apply for an eTA online via the website of the Canadian authorities. This rule does not apply to document holders of Canada and the United States, Canadian permanent residents or travellers with a valid visa for Canada. 

  • Travelling to the United States:
If you are travelling to the United States, special regulations may apply. Apart from visa and passport, travellers need to provide Advance Passenger Information and also request ESTA travel authorisation depending on their nationality. Make sure you arrange this well before you start your trip. 

Read more about travel to the United States

  • API - Advance Passenger Information:
The authorities in many countries require us to collect various types of personal information on our passengers. We will ask you to provide these if necessary for your trip. We recommend you to can enter your API details online in My Trip.This will ease your check-in process.. You can also provide your API details via your travel agent.

API data includes information on the machine-readable zone on your passport:
  • Family name and first name
  • Date of birth, gender and nationality
  • Passport number, issuing country and expiry date
  • Country of residence and temporary address where you will be staying (for travel to the United States only) including the house number, street, city/town, abbreviation used for the state and the zip code.

Enter API details in My Trip