Latest flight information
On this page:
Live arrival and departure times
Holiday season: check-in and hand baggageDuring the summer holiday Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and other international airports will be extra crowded. The queues at check-in and for the passport and security checks can be longer. Also the hand baggage rules will be observed more strictly, because the space for baggage on board is limited.
Tips for a smooth departure
- Check in online at home on KLM.com (also with your smartphone) and print your boarding pass or choose an e-boarding pass. You can check in online from 30 hours before departure (from 24 hours for flights to and from the United States).
- Make sure you are at the airport 3 hours before departure.
Hand luggage per person
- Economy Class: 1 piece of hand luggage of max. 55 x 25 x 35 cm, and 1 accessory (such as a laptop or a handbag). In total, your hand baggage may weigh up to 12 kg.
- Business Class: 1 piece of hand baggage of max. 55 x 25 x 35 cm, and 1 piece of hand baggage of max. 45 x 20 x 35 cm, plus one accessory (such as a laptop or handbag). In total, your hand baggage may weigh up to 18 kg.
- Small handbaggage has to be stowed under the seat in front of you
An (extra) suitcase is cheaper and easily arranged if bought on KLM.com. In My Trip and during online check-in you get 20-50 % discount on the standard airport fee.
All your travel details and the latest news about your flight can be found in My Trip - also on KLM mobile and the KLM app.
Have a great trip, and happy summer holidays!
Birth certificate needed for South Africa (adults under 18)
Please be aware that when travelling to South Africa, an unabridged birth certificate is required for children and young adults under the age of 18.
Read more about travelling with children
Tunisia - Events
Because of the events in Tunisia on Friday 26 June 2015, we will offer a rebook policy as precautionary measures. Our flights will operate according to the schedule. If you have booked a flight to, from or via Tunisia on Saturday 27 June 2015 up to and including Sunday 12 July 2015, please see below rebook and refund options we can offer you. These options are only valid, if you have a ticket originally issued on or before Friday 26 June 2015.
Rebook your flight
Is the departure date of your flight to, from or via any of the above mentioned destinations on Saturday 27 June 2015 up to and including Sunday 12 July 2015? Then your new departure date should be no later than Saturday 15 August 2015. You can rebook your flight at the latest on Saturday 15 August 2015. Please see below options and rules:1. Change your travel dates
- You may change your travel dates of KLM, AIR FRANCE and/or Delta Air Lines flights once.
- You can change your travel dates only if the same travel class is available as mentioned in your original ticket. Upgrading your ticket to Business Class is only possible by contacting us directly via Twitter or Facebook or by telephone.
- You will not have to pay the change fee.
- You may use the full value of your original tickets for new tickets on KLM, AIR FRANCE and/or Delta Air Lines.
- You will not have to pay the change fee.
You can rebook in the following ways:
- Log into My Trip and change your travel dates and/or destination yourself if:
- you have a KLM, AIR FRANCE and/or Delta Air Lines ticket
- your journey has not started yet
- you are not travelling with a baby
- you did not request a special service (e.g. ordered a special meal, are travelling as an unaccompanied minor, have requested transportation of a wheelchair or pet, or the use of a bassinet)
- We can rebook your journey via Twitter and Facebook!
- You can also contact us by telephone.
- Did you book your ticket via a travel agent? Please contact that travel agent to rebook.
Apply for a refund
You are entitled to a full refund of your ticket if you are travelling to, from or via any of the above mentioned locations on Saturday 27 June 2015 up to and including Sunday 12 July 2015, and your flight was cancelled by KLM, AIR FRANCE and/or Delta Air Lines, or was delayed for more than 3 hours and you did not travel.
How to request a refund
- If you bought your ticket via KLM.com, a KLM ticket office or KLM Telephone Reservations, and your ticket number starts with 074, you can apply for a refund online in just a few steps. You can also call us, but lines may be quite busy.
- If you booked via a travel agent, please contact them directly.
Amsterdam Airport renovations
Schiphol Amsterdam Airport is renovating the area beyond passport control in Departure Hall 2. At the same time, Schiphol is building central checkpoints for the introduction of central security Non-Schengen per 3 June 2015. The construction works will continue, 24 hours a day, until at least August 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.Possible hindrance at the airport
You might experience hindrance on your way to the gate in the area beyond passport control of Departure Hall 2 (Lounge 2). Please anticipate on extra time before departure. Most hindrance is expected for passengers travelling on intercontinental or UK flights. If your flight departs from pier F or G, we advise you to go through passport control in Departure Hall 3. We will keep you updated on the latest developments.