About booking a flight
Whether using your home computer, tablet or mobile phone (including the KLM apps), it’s easy to book a flight online. You can book up to 11 months before departure at KLM.com:
- All flights at a single glance, including special offers and flights operated by our partners
- One-way flights, return flights and multiple destinations: you can even fly back from or to a different destination
- Take an option on a flight and fare: we reserve the ticket for you for 1 to 14 days (depending on the fare type and departure time).
- Love automatically prefilled details and preferences? You can create a KLM account just by entering a password.
Select extra options for your flight…
- Choose from various fare types with different conditions to change or cancel your flights, and to earn more Flying Blue Miles
- Add Flexibility to be able to change your flight schedule and/or European destination up to 3 times – free of cost!
- Select your seat, choose more comfort and use Meet & Seat to see who else will be on board
- Arrange (extra) baggage at a discount and order an à la carte or special meal
- Compensate for your flight’s CO2 emissions and take out travel and/or cancellation insurance
Safety and privacy
We protect all of your personal and credit card details. When booking online, your information is encrypted and sent using the latest technologies. We also have strict agreements regarding the protection of your details with our partners who carry out your preferences on our behalf.
Flying Blue members
If you’d like to book an award ticket using your Award Miles, you can do so via your personal Flying Blue page.
You can also book a flight online for children travelling with you. If you would like to book a ticket for more than 1 child under the age of 2 per adult, you will have to book the ticket through KLM Telephone Reservations.
Children ages 14 and younger may only travel with a parent or guardian 18 years of age and older. Children between the ages of 5 and 14 years may only travel alone after reserving the Unaccompanied Minor Service. Please contact KLM Telephone Reservations to make such a reservation.
Other ways to book
Apart from KLM.com, we can also provide personal assistance in booking your flight tickets. The booking charges may be higher than the online booking fee.
- Via social media: post a message on our timeline KLM on Facebook or KLM on Twitter
- Call KLM Telephone Reservations: find the local phone number
- At a KLM Ticket Office: view the location nearest you
Booked a flight? My Trip!
Immediately after booking, you will automatically enter My Trip, where you will find all your travel and personal information and can provide important information and book comfortable extras:
- Change your flight dates and/or times
- Select your seat, choose more comfort and see who else will be on board
- Arrange to take baggage or extra baggage at a discount and order an à la carte meal
- Enter your contact details and Advance Passenger Information (API)
…and much more!
With the booking code in your booking confirmation e-mail you can log in to My Trip whenever you want.