Refund of ticket cost
Important: read the following before requesting a refund of your ticket cost
Once you request a refund, all flights in your booking will be cancelled.
It may take up to 2 weeks to handle your refund request. The refund will be made in the same currency and using the same payment method as used to purchase your ticket.
If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, you must contact your travel agent. For tickets bought from an airline other than KLM, please contact that airline.
Ticket refund conditionsYou can apply for a refund in any of the following cases:
- Your KLM flight was cancelled and you did not take an alternative flight.
- The conditions of your KLM ticket allow for a refund. A cancellation fee may apply. An administration fee will always be charged.
- You cancelled your trip because your European flight was delayed more than 90 minutes and your outbound and return flights were scheduled on the same day
- You cancelled your intercontinental KLM flight because it was delayed more than 3 hours.
- The passenger passed away.
- The visa application was denied.
- If you have a delay of more than 5 hours on your connecting KLM flight and you no longer want to fly to your final destination.
Refunds are subject to applicable regulations in the country in which the ticket was purchased and/or to applicable regulations in the country in which the refund must be paid.
In accordance with the provisions of the French Consumer Code, if your ticket is not valid anymore and has not been used for transportation, you have the right to reimbursement of taxes as defined in our General Conditions of Carriage depending on your actual boarding. In order to get a refund of these amounts, you can submit the refund request directly online in the section Customer Support > Refunds and compensation > Refund of ticket cost.
You can also contact your usual KLM office (charges may apply).
For tickets purchased through a travel agency, please contact the travel agent who will process your refund request.
If you booked a Business Class ticket but travelled in Economy Class you can apply for a refund of the fare difference. Please contact the KLM Service Centre
Were you unable to board a KLM flight because it was overbooked?