Passport and visa
On this page:
Which travel documents do I need?
Every country has its own rules for visitors of various nationalities.Below you will find an indication of general regulations that may apply. For detailed and up to date information that is relevant to your trip, we advise you to always check travel documents and health advice and fill in the required fields.
How to apply for your visaAre you departing from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the United States? If a visa is required, you can apply conveniently online via My Trip and let our partner CIBT take care of your application from A to Z for a fee. Or you can arrange it yourself via the applicable authorities.
Some important travel requirements
- Valid ID mandatory for France:
Due to the security situation in Paris and the state of emergency declared in France, the authorities require you to be in possession of a valid identification document when travelling to, from or via any airport in France. A driver’s license for instance is not considered as a valid identification document.
- Changed entry rules for Canada:
Travellers to or via Canada are expected to show an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before boarding their flight. We recommend that you apply for an eTA online via the website of the Canadian authorities . This rule does not apply to document holders of Canada and the United States, Canadian permanent residents or travellers with a valid visa for Canada.
- Travelling to the United States:
- API - Advance Passenger Information:
API data includes information on the machine-readable zone on your passport:
- Family name and first name
- Date of birth, gender and nationality
- Passport number, issuing country and expiry date
- Country of residence and temporary address where you will be staying (for travel to the United States only) including the house number, street, city/town, abbreviation used for the state and the zip code.