Refund of ticket cost
Important: read the following before requesting a refund of your ticket cost
Once you request a refund, all flights in your booking will be cancelled.
It may take up to 2 weeks to handle your refund request. The refund will be made in the same currency and using the same payment method as used to purchase your ticket. Please note that the booking fee and credit card surcharge are non-refundable.
Requesting a refund online via below ‘Request a refund’ button or via social media is free of charge. You can also call our KLM Service Centre to arrange it for you, but in that case a refund fee will be charged.
If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, you must contact your travel agent. For tickets bought from an airline other than KLM, please contact that airline.
Ticket refund conditionsYou can apply for a refund in any of the following cases:
- Your KLM flight was cancelled and you did not take an alternative flight.
- The conditions of your KLM ticket allow for a refund. A cancellation fee may apply.
- You cancelled your trip because your European flight was delayed more than 90 minutes and your outbound and return flights were scheduled on the same day
- You cancelled your intercontinental KLM flight because it was delayed more than 3 hours.
- The passenger passed away.
- The visa application was denied.
- If you have a delay of more than 5 hours on your connecting KLM flight and you no longer want to fly to your final destination.
Refunds are subject to applicable regulations in the country in which the ticket was purchased and/or to applicable regulations in the country in which the refund must be paid.
If you booked a Business Class ticket but travelled in Economy Class you can apply for a refund of the fare difference. Please contact the KLM Service Centre
Were you unable to board a KLM flight because it was overbooked?