Checking in at the airport
On this page:
Easy check-in at a self-service kiosk
In just a couple of easy steps you can check in yourself and your travelling companions. As when you check in online, you can choose your favourite seat on board.
This is how the kiosk works:
Insert your passport or frequent flyer card, or enter your ticket number or booking code. Your booking details will appear on the screen.
Select your seat on the seating map. You can also buy a seat in the Economy Comfort zone, a seat with extra legroom, or a preferred seat. Alternatively, you can treat yourself to an upgrade to World Business Class! All it takes is a credit card to make the change.
Print your boarding pass.
Do you have check-in baggage? Simply hand it over at the nearest baggage drop-off point, and proceed to the gate. Have a good trip!
If you are already checked in, you can also use the kiosks to print your boarding pass. They are available round the clock at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. At most other airports, the kiosks are available for checking in and printing boarding passes at least two hours before flight departure.
View a list of airports with kiosks>
Check-in for flights to Asia
You can also use our kiosks in Chinese, Korean and Japanese. These languages are also spoken by our assistants at the gate. They are gladly available for translation of all announcements made, and to help you with any questions before boarding.
Read more about our route dedicated services>
Dedicated SkyPriority check-in
At Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, the SkyPriority check-in area is located at check-in desks row 9, 10 and 11 in Departure Hall 2.
After check-in, SkyPriority passengers can pass through security or immigration using the priority fast lane at an increasing number of airports worldwide.
For a super smooth journey, simply look for the red SkyPriority signs!
Read more about SkyPriority>
Check-in services at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
If check-in at a self-service kiosk doesn’t work, you can also check in at the check-in desk for flights departing the same day:
• The check-in desks for non-Schengen countries are located in Departure Hall 2, desk rows 12 and 13.
• The check-in desks for Schengen countries are located in Departure Hall 1, please check the airport monitors for the correct desk row.
After check-in you can proceed to security control and then to the gate.
Do you already have your boarding pass and are you travelling with hand baggage only? In that case, you can skip check-in and proceed directly to the security check:
• For non-Schengen countries you can proceed to security control in Departure Hall 2.
• For Schengen countries you can proceed to security control in Departure Hall 1.
On every day of the week, you can drop off your luggage from 4:30 am in the departure hall.
Check out an overview of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol ’s departure terminals
Check-in services at other airports
Baggage drop-offIf you have already checked in, you only need to hand over your check-in baggage at one of the baggage drop-off desks or at the self-service baggage machines at the airport.
Good to know
• At Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, for non-Schengen countries baggage drop-off points are located in Departure Hall 2, desk rows 12 and 13. For Schengen countries these are located in Departure Hall 1. Please always check the airport monitors for the correct desk row.
• Most airports accept your baggage up to 2 hours before your flight departs on the day of departure.
• You will be issued a baggage claim tag for every bag that you check in. Make sure to save these tags until you have received your baggage at your destination.
Read more about baggage>
Read more about baggage drop-off times>
Checked in? Go to your Flight Guide
Love to find out what will be on the menu and discover all about your flight, crew and aircraft? You can go to your Flight Guide via My Trip. Flight Guide can be used on any device, so be sure to save it to your mobile phone or tablet home screen before travelling!
Flight Guide is available from 6 days before departure of any KLM flight.