By visiting you accept the use of cookies. Read more about cookies.

Refunds and compensation

We do everything we can to make your journey as comfortable as possible. However, if your KLM flight does not go according to plan, you may be entitled to a refund of costs or compensation.

Request a refund or compensation?


What should you request?In these cases:How do you request this?
Refund of ticket costs
  • Your KLM flight was cancelled and you did not take an alternative flight or
  • If the conditions of your ticket allow for a refund or
  • You cancelled your trip because your European flight was delayed more than 90 minutes and your outbound and return flights were scheduled on the same day
  • You cancelled your intercontinental KLM flight because it was delayed more than 3 hours
  • In case of the death of a passenger or
  • In case of visa refusal

Read more and request a refund

Please note: If you request a refund, all flights in your booking will be cancelled.

Refund of extra option costs:

  • Seats
  • Extra baggage
  • Upgrade to Business Class
  • À la carte meal
  • Flexibility

Read on the extra option refund page in which cases you can request a refund.

Your ticket number always needs to start with ‘074’  

Read more and request a refund 

  • Your KLM flight was cancelled or delayed for more than 3 hours
  • Your flight was not cancelled or delayed due to special circumstances, such as extreme weather conditions, political instability or a third party strike

Read more and request compensation


Did you receive a KLM voucher?

Some vouchers which you received due to cancellation, delay, denied boarding or downgrading, are refundable (‘refundable EMD’) and can be exchanged for cash. Other vouchers (TDC, TCV and the non-refundable EMD) you can use as credit for your next flight booking and/or to buy extra options.

Read more about redeeming your voucher


Check the status of your refund request


Did you request a refund of your (ticket) costs?

Check status

Frequently asked questions

Ask a question
Back to top