Special meals on board
On this page:
Order your special meal
Special meals are free of charge and served exclusively on intercontinental KLM flights. Make sure to order until 24 hours (Kosher meals: until 48 hours) before departure. Ordering is easy on KLM.com. Simply select your preference when booking, or in My Trip. You can also contact us.
Would like to enjoy something extraordinary? Take a peek at our à la carte menu
- Baby meal:Baby meal: we recommend always bringing your baby’s food yourself. Any restrictions at the airport on bringing liquids do not apply to baby food. On intercontinental KLM flights, you will receive a complimentary Bluey bib. On those flights, we have only a limited number of sterilized meals available. You can not order these meals upfront.
- Children: for intercontinental KLM flights you can order a Children’s meal free of charge. The children's meal is packed in a colorful Bluey box.
- Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal: this meal does not contain any meat, meat products or seafood, but may contain dairy products, eggs and vegetables.
- Asian vegetarian meal: spicy vegetarian combinations which may contain a limited amount of dairy products.
- Vegetarian vegan meal: no animal products, eggs or dairy products.
- Diabetic meal: meal containing a balance of complex carbohydrates, proteins, healthy fats and low sugar content.
- Low fat meal: this meal does not contain more than 3 gram of total fat per 100 gram food.
- Low salt meal: this meal does not contain highly salted ingredients and no salt is added.
- Gluten intolerant meal: ingredients used for this meal are verified to ensure gluten is not present. Unfortunately, however, we cannot guarantee that the meal is 100% gluten free.
- Lactose intolerant meal: dairy products are omitted. Unfortunately, however, we cannot guarantee that the meal is 100% lactose free.
Religious meal preferences
- Muslim meal: this meal does not contain pork, pork by-products or food containing alcohol. If this meal contains meat, it comes from ritually slaughtered animals.
- Kosher meal: for this meal, the food is chosen, prepared and served in accordance with Jewish dietary laws and customs. Please order your Kosher meal at least 48 hours before departure.
- Hindu meal: this meal does not contain beef, veal, pork and derived products from these types of meat.
Peanut and nut allergies
Our meals do not contain any whole or ground peanuts or peanut paste, but we cannot guarantee that KLM flights are 100% free of peanut contamination. On intercontinental flights, we serve a mixed nut snack in Business Class and almonds in Economy Class. Unfortunately, we are unable to serve you an alternative. It is also possible that other passengers have taken peanuts or other nuts on board with them.
If you have a serious peanut or other food allergy, do not forget to take your allergy medicine with you. You can also take your own meal with you, although we unfortunately cannot heat your meal because of safety rules on board. We recommend asking your doctor or KLM Cares about whether you should be travelling.
Read more about KLM Cares