Refund of ticket cost
Important: read the following before requesting a refund of your ticket cost
Once you request a refund, all flights in your booking will be cancelled. Please check your ticket conditions before requesting a refund.
It may take up to 2 weeks to handle your refund request. The refund will be made in the same currency and using the same payment method as used to purchase your ticket.
Did you pay by PayPal? Please contact the KLM Service Centre.
If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, you must contact your travel agent. For tickets bought from an airline other than KLM, please contact that airline.
Request a refund estimation
Would you like to know the refund amount you are entitled to without cancelling your booking? You can Request an estimation by entering your details and selecting ‘Quotation only’ in the type of request. If you agree with the estimated amount you can request a ticket refund.
Ticket refund conditions
You can apply for a refund in any of the following cases:
- You want to cancel your ticket within 24 hours after booking
- Your KLM flight was cancelled and you did not take an alternative flight.
- The conditions of your KLM ticket allow for a refund. An administration fee is applicable.
- On an intra-European itinerary if your flight was delayed more than 90 minutes and your outbound and return flights were scheduled on the same day
- Your intercontinental KLM flight was delayed more than 3 hours.
- In the event of the death of the passenger.
- Your visa application was denied, an administration fee is applicable.
- If you have a delay of more than 5 hours on your connecting KLM flight and you no longer want to fly to your final destination.
Refunds are subject to applicable regulations in the country in which the ticket was purchased and/or to applicable regulations in the country in which the refund must be paid.
If you booked a Business Class ticket but traveled in Economy Class you can apply for a refund of the fare difference. Please contact the KLM Service Centre
Were you unable to board a KLM flight because it was overbooked?