Raleigh (RDU) to Chengdu (CTU)
Atlanta (ATL) to Chengdu (CTU)
Miami (MIA) to Chengdu (CTU)
Detroit (DTT) to Chengdu (CTU)
Cincinnati (CVG) to Chengdu (CTU)
Houston (HOU) to Chengdu (CTU)
Seattle (SEA) to Chengdu (CTU)
Los Angeles (LAX) to Chengdu (CTU)
New York (NYC) to Chengdu (CTU)
San Francisco (SFO) to Chengdu (CTU)
Minneapolis (MSP) to Chengdu (CTU)
Boston (BOS) to Chengdu (CTU)
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Chengdu (CTU)
Washington, D.C. (WAS) to Chengdu (CTU)
Portland, OR (PDX) to Chengdu (CTU)
Chicago (CHI) to Chengdu (CTU)
Honolulu (HNL) to Chengdu (CTU)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Chengdu, serving Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU). Our long-haul flights are spacious and offer plenty of in-flight entertainment to keep you busy. To make your flight even more comfortable, why not use our online services to select your seat and order your delicious in-flight meal!
Top Chengdu attractions
- Giant Panda Breeding Research Base: a famous non-profit research and breeding facility for giant pandas and other rare animals.
- Jin Li Street: a famous street in Chengdu themed after Three Kingdoms Culture, featuring many bars, inns, snack stores and souvenir shops.
- Mount Qingcheng: a mountain and UNESCO World Heritage site in Dujiangyan, and one of the most important centres of Taoism in China.
- Du Fu Cottage: a 24-acre park and museum on the western outskirts of Chengdu in honour of the Tang Dynasty poet, Du Fu.
- Huanhuaxi Park: a beautiful large park consisting of the 400-meter long Poetry Path, which is carved with the most-read verses of well-known poets in the history of Chinese literature.
Ready to explore the beauty of Chengdu? First, take a look at our travel guide to make sure you see all of the best attractions that Chengdu has to offer.
What’s the best way to get around Chengdu?
There are a few new metro lines that can be used to get around Chengdu, but the most convenient way to travel is by bus. There are many public bus routes running frequently throughout the city, and the route information tends to be displayed on each bus stop. There is no change given on buses, so you will need to carry the exact amount. Be warned that while on the bus, stops are announced in Chinese, so purchase a route map before boarding so you know where you are.
What’s the weather in Chengdu?
Chengdu tends to be humid and foggy, so if you’re looking for sunshine head to Chengdu between May and June, when the temperature averages 25°C (77°F). While July and August are the hottest months, they’re also the wettest and tropical monsoons are a frequent threat. The winter months tend to be cold and foggy, so you’ll need plenty of warm layers!
*All amounts are in USD. Price includes taxes, carrier surcharges and applicable fees. Additional baggage fees may apply.